Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

Here I am sitting in the dark while my laptop is running on its batteries. Most of the lights in my home are off. However there some are running on a timer, so I have no idea how to switch them off. I look out my window, I can see my neighbours walking in the dark in their own homes. I guess most people are taking the initiative to join in on this particular hour in which we sacrifice a small part of our comfort to benefit and show our concern for the world.

Even shopping complexes are turning off their lights, leaving the necessary ones to allow people not to bump into each other. Radio stations going off the air. Everyone is playing their part.


Sitting here it makes me wonder, how many people out there do not care. I sure hope there aren't many.




Song recommendation of the day:
Apocalyptica feat. Cristina Scabbia - S.O.S. (Anything but love)

No comments: